The Ripple Effect helps healthcare and other service companies become more efficient so that they can grow more profitably. We use a variety of tools, depending on the nature and needs of the organization, including process improvement, project management, coaching, strategy alignment, organizational design, training and mindfulness practices. We specialize in designing and implementing sustainable changes.
• Strategy Development
• Revenue Cycle Management
• Process Improvement and Operations
• Health Information Systems
• Marketing, Strategy and Customer Retention
• Organizational Design
• Change and Transition Management
• Client Relationship Management
• Project Management
• Creative Problem Solving
• Business Strategy
• Business Relationships
As a surgeon in private practice, I’ve asked Sue to help us on 3 occasions. On 2 of these occasions, she assumed the role of transitional Practice Administrator, quickly and efficiently taking on all responsibilities required for this vital position including Human Resources, financial analytics, and day to day affairs. On a third occasion, Sue took on the role of coach and team builder for the partners in our group, helping us come together on a unified strategic plan for the practice. Sue’s talents cover multiple disciplines. Sue is immediately likable, intelligent, and perceptive. She has the ability to quickly assess a situation and contribute to it’s improvement. In the ever changing world of healthcare, Sue has been invaluable in facilitating our transition to a more modern flexible practice. She has excellent problem solving skills.
Sue is a proficient project leader and process design manager. She has the ability to see duplicative processes and refine them for greater efficiency in both small and large organizations!
I am a fellow board member of Think 360 Arts with Sue. Sue recently led our board and staff through an incredibly effective strategic planning program. It was a several month long gift of her time, and I speak for all involved that we have incredible gratitude for her acumen and dedication. She was patient but strong, challenging us to stretch and grow our existing organization into the future. Working with Sue is the good kind of challenge - truly a delight..
Sue mentored me through the transition to my role in clinical Practice Management. She is gifted in her ability to analyze complex processes and validate the relevance of each element, integrating the organization's vision/strategy with the system's design. She customized our training for my needs, adapting for more time when concepts were more difficult and moving forward when we were able. Her coaching style is tenacious; we had a shared vision for my development and she knew my capabilities and limits. Her encouragement was well timed and much needed, and she helped get me prepared and confident to kick off my role!
When you look up the word expert in the dictionary, there is a picture of Sue. Sue's expertise, high level of integrity and creativity opens the door to business and personal growth that is incredible. If you are ready to move forward in your business, Sue is the person to help you reach your business goals.
Appointed to re-engineer cross functional processes and restructure the organization with the objectives of reducing administrative costs, prepare for healthcare reform and foster growth and retention. Worked directly with the CEO and senior executive team.
· Reduced administrative costs by approximately $1.5M (12%)
· Established a program office and implemented project methodology
· Educated and coached the executive, senior management and project teams on project management and process improvement practices, to ensure the discipline was sustained post engagement
· Designed and implemented a new organizational structure that was more customer driven, adaptive and better equipped to achieve strategic objectives
· Led, coached and empowered line managers to effectively manage projects independently
Charged with outsourcing the practice’s billing function. Led team.
· Designed and implemented plans to successfully maintain revenue cycle performance, including maintenance of existing cash flow and compliance with regulations
· Managed off shore staff to eradicate coding, charge entry and payment posting backlogs
· Coached exiting billing staff and maintained morale during the transition
· Liaised between practice leaders and the new billing company to build an effective working relationship
Transitional management role to improve operational effectiveness and to set strategic direction for the organization. Led partners and employees.
· Coached and facilitated partners to come together on a unified strategic plan for the practice, allowing for a more flexible approach to business
· Identified and implemented clinical, operational and revenue cycle process improvements
· Utilized financial analytics to accelerate and smooth out cash flow
· Maintained and enhanced staff morale during a period of discomfort
· Recruited and smoothly transitioned to new leadership
· Built a business case supporting the adoption of an EMR
Strategic Planning Project
-Successfully led the strategic planning process for non-profit organization. The majority of board members had not previously experienced a strategic planning process.
-Provided education and coaching to effectively achieve a consensus on strategic initiatives, based on a solid understanding of the internal and external environment.
Senior Vice President role, reporting directly to the CEO:
-Key leader in the turnaround and consequent successful sale of a $30+ million professional services company
-Developed and implemented a strategic account management program that resulted in 96% client retention and 18% growth in same client sales
-Created a professional sales and marketing organization (including new brand image, sales and marketing materials, webinars, workshops, etc.) that sold $9 million in new contracts during its first full year of activity
-Assisted in the development and implementation of a financial restructure resulting in a strong balance sheet and positive working capital from a position of technical insolvency (Positive EBITDA shift of over 25% over 2 years)
-Conceptualized, developed, introduced and led a national Performance Excellence consulting division that was at the core of the company’s move into higher-margin ‘added value’ services.
Sign up to hear from us.
Sue is a broad based, versatile senior executive with strong business acumen and deep experience in the healthcare sector locally and internationally. Through her services, consulting, coaching and clinical backgrounds she has worked with numerous organizations from major corporations; government entities; healthcare providers and payers; to not for profits and start-ups. Sue's leadership roles have focused on delivering productivity, growth and results through structural and cultural change. She leads with passion and aspiration to improve both the bottom line and peoples' lives.
A proven strategic change and transformation catalyst: conceptualizing, creating, developing and leading programs to facilitate sustainable cultural change and the resulting improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of the organization, Sue works at both strategic and tactical levels. What makes Sue different is her ability to really see people as well as situations. Her approach is practical and down-to-earth.
Sue has authored, presented and published several papers on leadership, gender communication differences, customer service, healthcare revenue cycle, process improvement (including Six Sigma and Lean), board governance and service delivery model related issues.